Re: easiest workaround for oom_adj to oom_score_adj transition (new kernels and kdeinit from KDE 3.5)

Arthur Marsh wrote, on 13/10/12 15:54:
Hi, I've stuck with KDE 3.5.10 as it does what I want, but the new
kernels have removed support for /proc/nnnn/oom_adj and insist on using
/proc/nnnn/oom_score_adj.

The only part of KDE 3.5.X that uses /proc/nnnn/oom_adj is kdeinit, but
I have had no success so far in rebuilding it from source.

I don't want to go to a wholesale migration to KDE 4.X or Trinity
Desktop, I just want to patch kdeinit or obtain a working KDE 3.5.10
kdeinit that uses the new /proc/nnnn/oom_score_adj name.

Has anyone rebuilt kdelibs 3.5.10 this way for Debian or is is possible
to directly patch the kdeinit binary?

Regards,

Arthur.

After some tinkering and using archive.debian.org I was able to rebuild kdelibs 3.5.10 for AMD64 with it set to use oom_score_adj.

Next task is to do the same for i386.

Arthur.