Re: Re-occuring folders, even when deleted!

On 13/10/2012, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-10-13 at 10:53 +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>> I have several folders in my ~/Downloads folder that have been deleted
>> with nautilus, and thunar, and dolphin, and xfe, and at the command
>> line. But after rebooting they're back again! This has now been going
>> on for several months, and I need to put a stop to it, but how? I cant
>> find where these are being kept and don't know what else I can do to
>> get rid of them. Can anyone suggest a solution please?
>
> That's strange.
>
> If you e.g. run
> $ su
> # cd /home/YOUR_HOME/Downloads
> # ls -hAl A_FOLDER_THAT_SHOULD_BE_DELETED
> # rm -rf SAME_FOLDER_THAT_SHOULD_BE_DELETED
> # shutdown -r now
>
> and after restart
> $ ls -hAl ~/Downloads/THE_FOLDER_THAT_SHOULD_BE_DELETED
>
> is there any strange output?
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

I feel such a fool! I've sorted it, it was my torrent downloader
[deluge] and just needed the folders to be moved as part of the
torrent download, and thats finally cleared them after several months
of trying! Doh!

Thanks all
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian Wheezy, xfce 4.8, LibreOffice 3.5.4.2