Re: Adding user to dual boot laptop

On 10/11/2012 11:32 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2012-10-10, Gary Roach<gary719_list1@verizon.net>  wrote:
3. Permissions, owners and structure for files passwd, shadow and group
are exactly the same as my entries.

How about user home directory and other user file permissions (which
shouldn't belong to root)?

That has been checked out and is all OK. The alt F2 to kdesu did allow me to open the system settings as root but didn't help the problem. I have another single boot system running squeeze that works just fine. I wonder if there is something unique about the Toshiba Qosmio or the dual boot factor; although I can't imagine what. If anyone has any further suggestions between now and sunday evening I would like to hear them. After that , I'll be off the air for about 3 weeks.

Gary R.