pcspkr

Hi,

with the pcspkr module installed, shouldn't I hear the beep through the
sound card that otherwise would be played by a little loudspeaker
connected to the mainboard?

Or do I need to have that very loudspeaker installed and the module
loaded to hear the beep?  Or would I hear the beep without the module
installed if I had the loudspeaker?

Without the loudspeaker and with the module installed and the slider
labled "Beep" unmuted and turned up in alsamixer, I don't hear a beep.

IIRC that used to work --- any ideas why it doesn't work anymore?

--
Debian testing iad96 brokenarch