Re: newbie question on port forwarding(and ssh, netcat)

Thanks Joe, Brian, Murphy

As I post above, I forgot to say all these experiments were done in my home on my laptop...
Now I am in my office and re-do all this experiment.
To be short, now all experiment which is done with ip address works well, while if I do ssh USER@DEBIAN, it will say:

ssh: Could not resolve hostname debian: Name or service not known

I am wondering, who(or what device,server) will resolve the hostname? Is it possible to resolve my laptop's name from my office??

2012年10月11日木曜日 1時00分03秒 UTC+9 houkensjtu: