Re: Util-linux package was removed and the system is not bootable.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 04:44:20PM +0100, ozhan fenerci wrote:
>    Dear List,
>
>    I know I am not supposed to delete util-linux but it was removed by the
>    command " apt-get remove util-linux'. After I rebooted the computer, the
>    grub shows no linux boot disk.
>
>    I wonder how I can recover my system back. I am using debian testing/386.

util-linux is marked as Essential. This means that you SHOULD have been
given a bit fat warning that what you were about to do would likely
break your system - which it did.

If you didn't get such a warning, please, PLEASE raise a bug against the
apt package.

If you DID get the warning and you proceeded anyway (it shouldn't have
been easy), then... well.. Try a live CD :)