Re: Re: Adding user to dual boot laptop

Op woensdag 10 oktober 2012 06:40:03 UTC+2 schreef Gary Roach het volgende:

> Thanks for the reply. I read the reference but no joy. My login problem
> is happening at the kdm level before the OS is even started (I think).
> How does one activate /deactivate the initial login screen. I know this
> is possible. I think I set this up when I initially installed Debian
> from the iso network installation disk. I probably prompted me through
> the process at the time. I have since completely forgotten what I did at
> the time. I think I need to re configure kdm somehow.

In normal circumstances that should not be necessary.
Note that username and password must match exactly, and that the username should not contain uppercase letters or "weird" characters. It is usually safest to stick to the set a-z0-9 for the username.
If the username is ok, then the password might mismatch.
Try resetting it to some "easy" value (temporarily!) by issuing the command (as root user):
passwd username
(where you replace username by your wife's username of course).
If that does not help, something strange is the matter and further issue-solving will be needed.
HTH