Re: Persistent MySQL Process

Daniel Latter <dan.latter@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did as you suggested and found evidence in the second command, but
> the only that stood out was the Debian start up script that I have
> already commented out and restarted MySQL, I'm going to try a server
> reboot, but I'm not 100% that will get rid of the process.

Umm, why do you have MySQL installed when you don't want to use it?

If course will there be a running mysqld-process, because MySQL needs a
running mysqld to function, there is now way to prevent this and _still_
be able to use a MySQL-DB.

I fail to grasp your problem. If the mysqld crashes your server, then
you need to investigate why. Foremost you need to define (and tell this
list) what you mean by "crashes the server".

Does it run out of free RAM?
Does it create a heavy I/O load and thus slowing down everything else?

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.