Re: dynamic IP assignment on servers = brain damage

On 10/6/2012 1:52 PM, Satoru Otsubo wrote:
> Hi,
> Stan
>

>> The problem in this thread is but one of many that can/will result from
>> using dynamic IP assignment with servers.  If the OP had mentioned his
>> use of dynamic IP up front he would have saved himself, and the rest of
>> us, much time.
>>

> Pardon me.
> I did not understand that dynamic IP assignment was an important factor to solve the problem.
> I apologize that you and the others took much time to consider the cause of the problem.
> And pardon me for my poor English.

No need to apologize Satoru.  I was simply surprised that you were using
dynamic IP.

Your router isn't responding in a timely fashion when the server
requests an IP address.  Thus the server has no IPv6 address in the
stack when Apache loads, which causes your problem.  It loads later,
manually, because the router has responded, very late, with an address
assignment, but after Apache2 needs it.

The proper fix is to use a static IP address.

--
Stan