Re: Using wget to fill in a form

> There are several urls on loc.gov that will retrieve book information
> from an ISBN. The one below has no problem with session cookies. So
> wouldn't this quick and dirty one-liner do what you want?
>

>   #!/bin/sh
>
>   # loc.sh <ISBN>
>
>   elinks -dump -dump-charset utf8 -no-references -no-numbering \
>   "http://www.loc.gov/cgi-bin/zclient?host=z3950.loc.gov&port=\
>   7090&attrset=BIB1&rtype=USMARC&DisplayRecordSyntax=HTML&ESN=F&startrec=\
>   1&maxrecords=10&dbname=Voyager&srchtype=1,7,2,3,3,1,4,1,5,1,6,1&term_term_1=\
>   $1"
>
> so loc.sh 1886411484 will output the information for the Linux Cookbook
> in a pure text format.

Well that certainly looks a lot better than what I came up with. I will
have to give it a try, but doubt I will have time before Friday to play
with this again. I'll let you know. Out of curiosity, can this be done
with lynx instead since I have it installed? If not, I can always
install elinks.

Thanks!

Sent - Gtek Web Mail