can multiarch break my system?

Hi folks,

I would like to install wine on my pure 64-bit system. Wine is telling me,
that I need to add i386 architecture on it (dpkg --add-architecture).
Of course I need 32-bit libs.

But before I do this, I want to make sure, that under no circumstances, other
libs, that I need for wine (or some other applications which are pure 32-bit)
are installed at the next update / upgrade.

Does apt or aptitude make sure, that only the needed 32-bit-libs are
installed? And if I want wine to deinstall, do I get rid of all 32-bit-libs,
too?

And last, but not least, is there anything I have to pay attention before
installing 32-bit libs of wine (and others), when I want to use multiarch (I
think of setting some priorities or pinnings at apt or aptitude)?

Thanks for any feedback!

Best regards

Hans