Re: IA64 or AMD64?

How long after end-of-life of the itanium chip will Debian keep the port to IA64?

sorry for top-posting; that is how droid does.

Wolf Halton
http://sourcefreedom.com
Apache developer:
wolfhalton@apache.org

On Sep 30, 2012 6:40 AM, "Martin Steigerwald" <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
Am Sonntag, 30. September 2012 schrieb Stan Hoeppner:
> > Having said that, I am aware that something is changing as the
> > IA64/AMD64 question is getting asked more frequently these days.
> > Whether that's because there are more adopters that are not quite as
> > competent as before, I couldn't say.
>
> There are multiple reasons for it, but the reasons/causes are
> irrelevant.  What matters is that people aren't "getting it".  If we
> change the port names they more than likely will get it.

So or so I think if someone likes to propose a change of the current
naming time its not sufficient to discuss this in this user mailing list. ;)

GPG: 03B0 0D6C 0040 0710 4AFA  B82F 991B EAAC A599 84C7