Re: fsck -fvy ?

On Sat 29 Sep 2012 at 10:43:46 +0000, Hadi Motamedi wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. Actually , it is a third party application
> names omcd that I have installed on my server . After rebooting the
> server , it read as :
> Startup
> Setting clock               [ok]
> Starting sshd              [ok]
> Starting xinetd            [ok]
> Starting Mysql            [ok]
> Starting atd                [ok]
> Starting omcd
>
> Then it waits endlessly on "Starting omcd" without any success. Can
> you please let me know how can I remove it from the system boot
> process to be able to reach the system root prompt and then re-install
> it from scratch ?

At the GRUB screen press edit the entry you highlight. Add 'single' to
the linux line and boot. Alternatively, you might have a rescue entry
displayed by GRUB. You can use this instead.

Provide the root password when asked. Assuming omcd is being started
from /etc/init.d/omcd, do

   update-rc.d omcd disable

and reboot.