Library Problem

Although I have used linux since before the RedHat Mother's Day release I am not an OS type person.

I have just installed the 64 bit Debian 6.05 and am encountering problems which I am reasonably sure are due to library problems.

The error message that I get for a number of applications, most recently Opera, is:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

I presume that the error message means that there is a missing 32 bit library on my 64 bit system. Now the problem is that I don't know how to add a 32 bit library to 64 bit system using apt-get. My /etc/apt/sources.list is:

#

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.5 _Squeeze_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1 20120512-14:34]/ squeeze contrib main

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.5 _Squeeze_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1 20120512-14:34]/ squeeze contrib main

deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free

# squeeze-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
# A network mirror was not selected during install.  The following entries
# are provided as examples, but you should amend them as appropriate
# for your mirror of choice.
#
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze contrib non-free main
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze contrib non-free main
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib
deb http://cran.case.edu/bin/linux/debian squeeze-cran/

what do I add to access 32 bit files:

Thanks in advance.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.            Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry            Stochastic and multivariate