Re: Display hurtful on LCD screen with Wheezy

On 9/20/2012 9:51 AM, Lisi wrote:
On Thursday 20 September 2012 15:37:54 Mark Allums wrote:
Never had that experience or heard of it or dreamt of it.

You obviously feel that your experience is more valid than anyone else's when
it comes to monitors.  But you appear to know nothing at all about
eye/eyesight/eyestrain problems and headaches.

You couldn't have heard of it, since you discount any mention you *do* hear.
And it is irrelevant whether you have experienced or dreamt of it.  There
must be a good many disabilities, illnesses and physical problems about which
you know nothing or very little, and hopefully many more of which you have no
experience.

Lisi

I don't understand the bitterness of this reply.

I have neck problems; that is why I mentioned the viewing angle. I am losing the eyesight in my left eye, that's what prompted me to remind OP about the brightness, contrast color, etc. And I concurred with Ralf about the blurriness being a result of a bad subpixel rendering that needs adjusting,

Very few LCD monitors have a refresh setting other than 60Hz. So few, in fact, that I have never seen one of them. I am sure that it shouldn't matter much, because whatever the setting is, the true rate will be constrained by the panels native ability. If the video card sends video at a rate other than the native rate, the picture will undergo "tearing", as the frame drawing is out of sync with the panel. This is probably unnoticeable, but it might be visible while playing video or playing games. The cure for it is to set the video card rate to be equal to the native rate of the panel, and capping the frame rate of video or games to be equal to that. In 3D games, one enables VSync.

I am trying to help. I just want everyone to think broadly and creatively, not focus on one single aspect of the issue.