Re: Installation

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 18:17:55 +0200, lee wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

(...)

>>> 1.) I don't have a working computer to find and print manuals with.
>>>     First I need to install Debian (or have that working system).
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Then you better stop here and solve this step before going any further
>> or your chances for a complete failure will increase (in the event the
>> installer gives you any problem or you don't know how to proceed you
>> will have to either a) abort or b) blindly choose. None of the above
>> options will give you an optimal result.
>
> Well, if you give me the money to buy another computer that has an OS
> pre-installed first and a printer, then I can solve this problem by
> buying them --- if I have the room to set up all the hardware somewhere.
> There are even people who use laptops because they don't have the room
> for a computer.
>
> Do you expect me to move to a larger apartment so that I can install
> Debian with an optimal result?

(...)

Your arguments fit perfect as a demostration of my key point that an OS
installation is neither a money nor "I-want-a-bigger-room" related
problem but a user attitude.

I wonder what would you do should you have to live the 365 days of the
year with no Internet connection (like many newbie linux -Debian- users
in the world do) or simply with a dial-up line from where to send/receive
e-mails no larger that 3 MiB and no web browsing at all.

This people can tell you what are *real* limitations yet still they are
interested in having Debian systems installed, up and running. That's an
enviable attitude.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón