What is playing videos in web browsers?

Hi,

trying out chromium, I have found that both seamonkey and chromium are
able to play arbitrary videos found on youtube.  I used to have
libflashplayer.so in the ~/.mozilla/plugins directory which used to play
such videos.  I have removed it for testing and both browsers still play
videos.  In the past, seamonkey was unable to play these videos when the
flash player library was removed.

What might they be using to play these videos?  Where is configured what
they use?

Pstree doesn't show it, and 'lsof |grep seamonkey |wc -l' says
4845. Searching for "flash" or "play" in the output of lsof doesn't find
any results, and manually browsing almost 5000 lines without really
knowing what to look for isn't exactly something I like to do.

--
Debian testing amd64