Re: Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file:

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 10:24:52PM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> unarchive 617940
> reopen 617940
> thanks
>
> This bug still exists.
>
> See message:
>
> and despite that it says there are no followups there are!, starting
> at:
>
> The reason(s) for this bug being reopened are all the associated messages.
> It appears this bug was closed in error.

This doesn't look like an error to me. You note that you are able to
play videos fine. Have you also raised bugs for mplayer's other
auto-detect messages? Such as:

[MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
[VO_TDFXFB] This driver only supports the 3Dfx Banshee, Voodoo3 and
Voodoo 5.
[VO_3DFX] Unable to open /dev/3dfx.

As you can see, mplayer tries various drivers before it gets to yours.
You can either configure your mplayer correctly or put up with it
autodetecting.