Re: e2fsck errror: Error reading block (Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read)

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 11:39:37PM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> You have to understand: You have to connect it to the controller
> directly OR You can not use what the SMART offers to You. That simple.

This is not actually true. Yes, the majority of USB hard drives do not support
SMART, but some do. See
<http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/smartmontools/wiki/Supported_USB-Devices>,
which tells me that lucky me, my WD Elements Desktop 2TB is supported.