Re: Can squeeze boot into a LVM over RAID?

On 9/1/2012 3:17 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
Can squeeze boot when / is on an LVM over RAID1?

Can it boot if /boot is on the LVM over RAID1?

Or when /boot is on a nonRAID nonLVM partition but / is on an LVM over
RAID?

Context:  I have to remove the hard drive my / is on.  The available
space to move it to is on a RAID drive.

The disks carrying the RAID also have small nonRAID nonLVM partitions
that would be big enough for /boot, but not all of /

-- hendrik

The usual practice is to put everything except /boot on LVM. /boot can theoretically go on LVM too, but it's simpler to leave it out/off of LVM. /boot can go on RAID, easily, though, and I always put it on a RAID 1 partition.

So, yes, squeeze can boot with / on LVM, whether over RAID or otherwise.

Mark