Re: alsa-base breaks linux-sound-base

On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 15:35:19 +0200
lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:

Hello lee,

>The problem came up maybe a week ago and I'm waiting since and still
>have it.  It probably won't be fixed ...

I recall reading about your problems.  When I performed the upgrade on
my testing system, I was a little apprehensive.  However after alsa,
essentially, forced the removal of linux-sound base, everything here
still works WRT sound.  Even after several reboots.

Others too have had no problem with the upgrade.  So, sorry to say this,
but it looks like there's an oddity in your set-up causing the problem
you're seeing.  Unfortunately, I'm no Debian/linux sound expert so can
only be of limited, if any, assistance.

Good luck.

--
 Regards  _