Re: Restoring partition table.

On 31/08/12 17:13, Malcolm Reed wrote:

> Hello,
> bad news for me - I lost partition table in my 1Tb hard drive. All what
> I have it's fdisk output of working drive:
>
> Can I convert fdisk output to sfdisk dump? How to convert count of
> blocks to number of sectors for using with sfdisk?
> What can I do in this situation?

I would use Testdisk (should be in the repos), rather than try to copy
the partition table from another disk. Have a look at
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_Step#Partition_table_recovery
for some ideas.

As ever with this stuff, be really careful that the partitions are
correct before writing anything to the disk.