copying data from a partition with badblocks

One of the partitions on my hard drive has badblocks. I did a

$sudo e2fsck -c -c -f -v /dev/sdb7

on it and it found 757 badblocks. The partition itself is 100 GB and only 18
GB of it is filled. Now my question is how to salvage the data?

I did a rsync of files from this partition to another drive (say sdc9) and
there were no errors during the copy. But I am wondering if there is a
better way to copy the data from a drive with badblocks. Any suggestions?

Also, if one of the partitions developed badblocks, how likely is it that
other partitions (of the same drive) will also go bad in the future? Can I
keep using the other partitions? or is it recommended to abandon the drive
entirely?

Can someone recommend a hard drive manufacturer/model that is more resistant
to developing badblocks? The drive that gone bad is an iomega prestige
portable USB 3.0 external hard drive.

thanks
raju
--