Re: Wheezy installer problems

On 23/08/2012 17:58, Brian wrote:
On Thu 23 Aug 2012 at 17:21:38 +0100, Martin Smith wrote:

I downloaded today an AMD64 wheezy CD1, a couple of problems:
It locks up on detect network hardware, and if I try an expert
install and avoid the network bit it gets as far as starting up the
partitioner 40% and stops again.

It is http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/wheezy_di_beta1/amd64/iso-cd/debian-wheezy-DI-b1-amd64-CD-1.iso

On a Sony Vaio VGN-SR41M which actually runs squeeze, very nicely,
but on another drive.

Are there any workarounds for this errant behaviour? Or do I have to
wait for a fix?
Please read some of the posts in debian-boot for the past week or so.
I'll start you off with this one:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2012/08/msg00483.html

Thanks for that info!

--