Re: Logging ISP Download Speed.

>> > Rick, careful when quoting...

>> > Weaver, you don't have to center your attention on the time it takes
>> > but the download speed (KiB/MiB per second). As I said, using Oracle
>> > servers I can get up to 10 MiB/s which is the best number I have
>> > ever got.

>> > That's a common feeling from users with high speed links, but there
>> > is not much we can do, simply put: todays Internet is not prepared
>> > for providing that speeds but in counted sites/hosts :-(
>> >
>> > Anyway, remember that you are paying for 100 Mbps that is around 12
>> > MiB/s.
>>
>> If you are referring to the download I mention, it's not even 1 MB/s.

>> > (...)
>> >
>> > Can you please provide the results of this speed test?
>> >
>> > http://www.speedtest.net/
>> >
>> > I get:
>> >
>> > Ping: 3 ms
>> > Download: 86.09 Mbps
>> > Upload: 9.96 Mbps
>>
>> I get:
>>
>> Ping: 69 ms
>> Download: 27.71 Mb/s
>> Upload: 2.28 Mb/s
>
> For comparision DSL 18000 + 1 MBit Upload speed:
>
> M-Net in Germany, Nuremberg
>
> Ping: 28 ms
> Download: 12,32 Mbps
> Upload: 1,06 Mbps

There are meny points of comparison.

I'm paying 83.5878 Euros.

As long as things like videos didn't have to stop and buffer two or three
time while I was watching them, I could be quite happy.
If I was getting an ADSL1 service and that's all I was paying for, I would
be quite happy.

But that is not the situation....yet.

It's the deal they are about to be hit with.
If that's all the product they are prepared to deliver, that's all they
will get paid for.
Regards,

Weaver.
--
"I invite you to name a society that created a secret prison
 system, outside the rule of law, where torture takes place,