Re: [SOLVED] Is my processor 32-bit or 64-bit?

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012, Stephen Powell wrote:
> Hmm.  Well, it appears that CPUIDs are not unique.  I've done some more

No, indeed they're not.  But there is no 64-bit processor with CPUID
0F27h.  Fortunately, there are precious few cpuids that are shared by 32
and 64-bit processors.

> The CPUID of 0F27h means that the S-spec number is either QML8,
> SL6EP, or SL6K2.  QML8 is unlikely, since this is a Quality Sample.

And you can find data about processors by their S-SPEC in
http://ark.intel.com.

> The bottom line: it is most definitely a 32-bit CPU.  It does have
> 2 hyperthreads; so a Linux kernel with SMP enabled will see 2 logical
> processors.

Yes.  And since it is netburst-based, you might actually be better off
with hyperthreading disabled.  Depends on what you'll use the box for.

> Now, my next step is to figure out what memory SIMMs to order.
> I'd like to install four 1G SIMMs, if they exist for this motherboard.
> But the devil is in the details.
>
> During POST, when the RAM is being tested, the following appears on
> the screen:
>
> SE7500CW20.86B.0034.P17.0522031027

Motherboard Intel SE7500CW2, BIOS 0034 P17.
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/se7500cw2/sb/cs-006907.htm

  Henrique Holschuh