Re: Hacked .htaccess redirect to htttp://reltime2012.ru/frunleh?9

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh, Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:41:59 -0300:

> If you have root access, try to use chattr to mark that file as
> immutable (chattr +i).
>
> But really, if they keep changing your .htaccess, it means they have
> compromised the box, and will remain compromising it until you clean the
> box (probably rebuild from scratch) AND close the security holes.

Dear Henrique,

For this system I don't have root access. It is managed abroad by a
"host farm". I already wrote to them to report the (second) problem.

I hope they find the main problem now, instead of just giving another
quick fix.

Also, I cannot ask them to reinstall the system from scratch, as the
same server hosts more websites.

Thanks!

Beco

--
Dr. Beco
A.I. research, Cognitive Scientist and Philosopher