Re: alsa-base breaks linux-sound-base

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 00:24:46 -0500
Charles Kroeger <ckrogrr@frankensteinface.com> wrote:

> linux-sound-base gets removed on the upgrade and replaced with
> alsa-base
>
> but no sound.
>
> If linux-sound-base is reinstalled then alsa-base is removed
>
> but still no sound

I don't have an answer to this, but I let it go ahead, and I didn't
lose sound. I also just installed squeeze->sid on a laptop, and it did
the same thing on the dist-upgrade, again no sound problem.

Has a mixer volume level been reset, the wrong sound card selected,
something like that? That's the usual kind of reason for sound
disappearing after a disruption.

--
Joe