Re: compressor

On Wednesday 22,August,2012 09:54 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 21:40 +0800, lina wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Basically which compressor is the most efficient one.
>>
>> I got 2T data, basically won't get a chance to use in future, but still
>> need to keep there at least for the next two years just in case.
>>
>> so I tried the xz, but xz not support the directory? or maybe I don't
>> know how to compress the directory.
>>
>> now tried the .bz2, but still very large.
>>
>> Thanks ahead for any suggestions,
>>
>> Best regards,
>
> AFAIK 7z does best compression, but IIRC without keeping Linux
> permissions.

Thanks.

> Regards,
> Ralf
>
> PS: "Compressor" is an audio engineering term too :D. So the other
> answer is "Jamin", not helpful regarding to the context.

P.P.S. I noticed the discussion in another threads, about funny and
misbehavior and etc. I must confess here that I am not the very loyal
reader of those emails, but here I just wanna say one thing or two, in
the past, some witty conversation/jokes really made, I think, not merely
my days, but also many other people's days, I laughed even I didn't say
anything at that time and I think the funny things definitely bring some
special flavors to the list.

Thanks with best regards,