Re: man in the middle attack ?

On Tuesday 21 August 2012 10:41:35 Keith McKenzie wrote:
> On 21 August 2012 07:54, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Self-agrandisement is almost a duty in some cultures.  In others it is
> > very much frowned on.
>
> [...]
>
> > Lisi
>
> Wow! - I wonder how many (international) people are going to
> understand that.  :-)

And does it matter if they didn't?  The other bit was quite clear.  Anyone who
didn't understand and wished to do so could either look it up or ask me.
Most people wouldn't care, even if they read it, which most people don't.
They just scim emails.  How otherwise could anyone keep up with so much
email.  And that applies what ever vocabulary one uses.

It is patronising to say:  these poor people don't speak English as well as I
do, I must take care not to go above Janet and John level.  (Now that _is_ an
obscure reference to many native speakers as well as to many others.  The
Janet and John books were a series of early readers for children just
learning to read.  They were _awful_. (IMHO, at least)).

Lisi