Re: man in the middle attack ?

http://lackof.org/taggart/hacking/ssh/  -> Don't ignore ssh host key warnings (at the end)

On 21/08/12 05:43, lina wrote:
On Tuesday 21,August,2012 04:29 AM, Dr Beco wrote:
Dear linuxers,

Today I registered a lot of students in the class, and 4 hours later I
was in home and got a message one of them could not log in.

So I tried and got this message:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
66:09:66:e3:e1:54:dc:65:e4:a4:74:99:c4:df:3e:ff.
Add correct host key in /home/beco/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /home/beco/.ssh/known_hosts:1

I met similar things many times, you may just simply
vim /home/beco/.ssh/known_hosts
delete the line 1 key there, or you may delete all.
and ssh again,

Thanks,

Best regards,
RSA host key for beco.poli.br has changed and you have requested
strict checking.
Host key verification failed.

What should I do, or where should I look, to understand this problem?

Can I log in with my account remotely to see the problem, or should I
better log in locally?

Thanks,
Beco.