Re: [OT] Is it possible to hide the ip in ssh connection

Le lundi 20 août 2012 à 23:38 +0800, lina a écrit :
> On Monday 20,August,2012 11:35 PM, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
> > On 20.08.2012 18:31, lina wrote:
> >> So I am under regular attacks recently, very gentle attack, only
> >> tried few times each day?
Too few attempts, none succeeded. Something on your network might be
misconfigured. If you really want to be safe with ssh, be sure root
login is disable, switch to certificate based authentication and disable
password authentication.

> >> How do I know who has this IP address?
Is that on a personal network? Can you access your router logs?

> The second question is that for those days, the attacker should think of
> renew its ip address. not from the same one.
Not necessarily: my router for instance associates IP addresses with MAC
addresses in a static way.