Re: [OT] Is it possible to hide the ip in ssh connection

On Mon, 2012-08-20 at 16:22 +0200, Gaël DONVAL wrote:
> Le lundi 20 août 2012 à 22:02 +0800, lina a écrit :
> > On Monday 20,August,2012 09:59 PM, lina wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I ssh to a server which has 400+ users, active ones around 100.
> > >
> > > Frankly speaking, I would feel comfortable to hide my IP if possible,
> > >
> > > any suggestions (I checked the spoof, but seems not positive),
> > Another question, how do I know whether there are some people are
> > attempting to invade my laptop, my username, ip are all exposed there.
>
> An IP address is like your (real) home address. [snip]

No it's not, it's still secret enough for averaged usage. Only a curt is
able to allow that your IP becomes as open as your "(real) home address"
and that just to a small group of known people. Everybody has a right of
private sphere and IP addresses keep private sphere. If you plan to bomb
the Deutsche Parlament, than don't worry about security issues regarding
to the IP address. If so, you need completely different security, but
hiding your IP. If you, Lina, worry stalking from an ex-boyfriend, than
the IP address is something that he doesn't need, since he knows too
much about you, that is much more informing, how and where you live
today. Conspiration, stalking etc. does happen, but usually nobody needs
an IP. Idiots as lawyers need an IP, to sue fans of mainstream
pop-rock-bands. The Federal (German) Intelligence Service prefers
profilers.

Read the magazine "conspiracy theorist today" :p.

Regards,
Ralf