Re: [OT] Is it possible to hide the ip in ssh connection

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:59:47 +0800, lina wrote:

> I ssh to a server which has 400+ users, active ones around 100.
>
> Frankly speaking, I would feel comfortable to hide my IP if possible,
>
> any suggestions (I checked the spoof, but seems not positive),

You mean to hide your ssh remote connecting IP address? If you have
several outgoing network devices you can choose between them to stablish
a connection by means of "-b" argument.

Also, Google seems to return a bunch of results:

http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=ssh+fake+ip+address

Anyway, I wonder what's what you fear of. You can hide your originating
IP but your username and your activities can be still tracked at least by
the admins >:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón