Re: Does nmap support IPv6 ranges now?

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:54:49 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> Hello Camaleón,
>
> Am 2012-08-19 16:27:14, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
>> Maye this helps:
>> http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/12826/which-tool-apart-from-nmap-can-i-use-to-scan-a-range-of-ipv6-addresses
>
> Not realy,

You mean the given tips for scanning an IPv6 range did not work?

> I had allready found this:
>
>     <http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q2/478>
>
> but this post is from Mai 2011, hence rather old!

Well, that post tells what we already know, that IPv6 is still an ongoing
work.

> I switched my whole network to IPv6  last  week  and  now,  I  run  into
> because a bunch of tools do not support IPv6  correctly.   Also  I  have
> encountered a bunch of bugs.

Yes, IPv6 is still a bit lacking of support for some tools. You can consider
yourself lucky that at least it works at some level in nmap ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón