Re: Managing to get the 4 RAM GiB recognized easily

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 19:48:42 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Thanks for your answers. As I'm using an Asus P5K/EPU with quad-core
> stuff, 64 bits is not supported.

I sincerely doubt it.

Anyway, the motherboard won't tell about the micro capabilities, you
better run "cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i lm" to find out (or "cat /proc/
cpuinfo | grep 'model name'" and then search for your micro specs at the
manufacturer database).

> I will install a bigmem kernel. Thanks.

You can't... remember that your motherboard does not support it (just
kidding) ;-P

I find it a good decision if you don't want to install your system from
scratch nor having additional headaches :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón