Re: how to copy files from linux to windows via terminal

On Monday 20,August,2012 09:10 PM, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 09:04:27PM +0800, lina wrote:
>> how to copy files from linux to windows via terminal.
>
> The key issue is what method of access you are using to the Windows machine.
> Windows file sharing is perhaps easiest, in which case you can copy stuff
> via 'samba' on the Linux host. 'smbclient //wherever/foo, put some-file'
Strangely I had purged samba long long time ago, why I still have the
smbclient here,

# dpkg --get-selections | grep samba
samba-common					install

# dpkg --get-selections | grep smbclient
libsmbclient:amd64				install
smbclient					install

For security reason, shall I purge the three?

Thanks,