Re: lvcreate throws error : device not cleared

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 3:28 PM, J. B <bakshi12@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, [-Z n] only works with a warrning

-Z, --zero y/n
    Controls zeroing of the first KB of data in the new logical volume.
    Default is yes.

    Warning: trying to mount an unzeroed logical volume can cause the
system to hang.
so be careful. i haven't tried this either.

for further reference check this
http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl8_lvcreate.htm