Re: [1/2OT] ssh & wireless related

16.08.2012 17:00, lina:

> Strangely once I restarted the network-manager, the connection restore
> as normal, I mean the ssh connection is still there.
> Is it strange? I thought it's broken, the connection.

There's nothing strange with that.
A TCP connection is essentially identified by the quadruple (src port,
src IP, dest port, dest IP). As long as none of the elements of this
quadruple change, the connection may stay "intact" (even if some machine
on the route from src to dest is rebooted, for example).
Nevertheless, if data is to be transmitted while the other end of the
connection is not reachable for some reason, either end may tear down
the connection.

--
Regards
  mks