Re: update issue? with webserver

Thanks for the tips michael. wound up backing up wp directory and databases again to be safe. then I found something else that helped just in case anyone else runs into the same issue. by deleting the value in the wp_options > active_plugins table I was able to access the site again. looks like theres a problem with one of the plugins. in the process of re enabling them one by one to find the culprit!