[probably solved] Re: MS-Tech MC380 Remote control not working with XBMC wheezy

On Sun, 2012-08-12 at 16:18 +0200, Steven Post wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> As the title suggests, I have a HTPC running Wheezy sitting in a MS-TECH
> MC380 enclosure which includes a remote control.
> The remote however is not working.
>
> That same enclosure/remote control was used before with Squeeze, it
> worked out of the box there. I replaced the hardware (except the SSD)
> and therefore needed an OS upgrade. I installed using a slightly dated
> netinstall iso, but after installation everything got updated.
> The remote seems to be the only thing not working correctly.
>
> As opposed to the Sqeeze install, this Wheezy installation does NOT
> include deb-multimedia repositories, I tried but these didn't help
> resolve the issue, so I reverted back to plain wheezy packages.
>
> I believe the receiver is connected on the inside using a USB port.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
> Steven

I feel a little embarrassed now, it appears I didn't re-connect that USB
cable on the inside. The only one connected was the front panel USB
port.
Shame on me.

I haven't tested it yet, since my brother is holding the tv hostage
during the Olympics, but this is the most likely cause.

Regards,
Steven