Re: Noniteractive Installation

On Thu,Aug 09 05:35:PM, ray@aarden.us wrote:
> I am new to Linux.  I would like to install Linux over and over again on
> the same machine trying out different things.  I would like to have a
> record of what I did and what my findings were.

Hi Ray,
This can be a good place to start:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch06s01.html.en

Regardless of if you'll go with scripting or not :
"These messages can also be found in /var/log/syslog. After
installation, this log is copied to /var/log/installer/syslog on
your new system. Other installation messages may be found in
/var/log/ during the installation, and /var/log/installer/ after
the computer has been booted into the installed system."

--

Quick and simple Linux Solutions blog

http://www.at4me.com