Re: Squeeze install in ultrabooks with SSD and HDD

On 09/08/12 08:37 AM, L V Gandhi wrote:
On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Gary Dale<garydale@rogers.com>  wrote:
On 08/08/12 08:48 PM, L V Gandhi wrote:
Has any one installed dual boot system of windows and squeeze in
ultrabooks with both mSATA SSD and HDD?
Kindly give links or procedure to keep windows and linux.

You don't have to do anything special. Just partition the disks the way you
like. Linux installers normally expect that dual booting is a common
requirement so they usually handle it pretty well.
I think it is not so easy as I have googled it. Intel RST, UEFI etc
making things difficult and many have bricked their system. Hence my
post.
Check the BIOS to see if UEFI can be turned off. If it can't then you can't boot from an uncertified OS. However, I'm not aware of any systems currently that don't allow you to turn off UEFI. If yours is one, then return the computer and get one that allows you to install a different OS.