Re: iceweasle saving username and password

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 02:05:58PM +0800, lina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My question is that how can I let the iceweasle kept the saved
> password as un-readable?
>
> Right now I felt very bad,
>
> I can access some database with my user name and password,
> (it's a "universal" password and username, which means it's also the
> one I use for email and many other things, such as wireless access and
> etc, it set up by administrator).

If you know the administrator reasonably well, explain to him/her what
has happened, he/she won't be happy, but will at least help in fixing
situation, and if the administrator is in the know, then it won't be
misconstrued as malicious.

> One girl she need access the database, and she asked me for help.
> basically it's harmless. but I don't want to share my password and I
> don't know how to refuse.
> so I input my password and username in her firefox and let it remember.

Ouch! Bad move. I'd also be worried that you may have violated company
policy.

> Just now I found that iceweasle can show the password I saved. very
> bad, hope she didn't realize it and read my password.

Don't risk it.

> I don't know how to do in this situations.

If its for anything important like online banking etc, change it
immediately, so that the one she has is no longer useful.

You should have told her to see the administrator, that is his job;
granting access etc. Don't give out passwords!

oppressing." --- Malcolm X