Re: which one is faster?

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Johannes Wiedersich
<debian@aktendiener.de> wrote:
> On 08/08/12 09:14, lina wrote:
>> It's a bit big data to transfer, around 1.1 T,
>>
>> from one server to another server.
>>
>> I checked that rsync is faster than scp,
>> but in my situations rsync has elapsed for 1 hour, I guess the network
>> is also a problem,
>>
>> Here I wish to know are there some tools (better default) can use for
>> fast transferring, regardless the security reason, my data is just
>> some data, no need special security care.
>
> IIUC, the question is not just, which is the fastest tool. If you have
> network problems (ie. intermittent connections) or fear thereof, you
> need a fast *and* a reliable tool.
>
> I suggest you stick with rsync. IMHO it is the best tool for your task.
>
> With the -c option, eg. you could check, whether all files transferred
> correctly, without much demand on the network.

Thanks, at present an email had been sent to the administrator to
hopefully get 2TB space for data handling.
/dev/gpfs1            117T   43T   74T  37% /scratch
/dev/gpfs3             30T   74G   30T   1% /userbackup

Seems lots of free space, hope won't be refused.

But here I still wish to hear the suggestions, very nice, at least I
started to know the nc now,

Best regards,