Re: How to setup Java Platform Plugin for Iceweasel 10.0.6

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 16:55:37 +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:

> Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> 2012/8/5 Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com>:
>>

>>> I just installed openjdk-7-jdk but still get java version 1.6: $ java
>>> -version
>>> java version "1.6.0_24"
>>>

>> you may need to use update-alternatives for that since now you have 2
>> versions of them installed
>
> I did so:
> $ sudo update-alternatives --config java
>
> http://alexander.holbreich.org/2011/11/java-7-on-debian/

That was indeed the way to go.

Strange is that after having installed openjdk v7 in last place it is not
being selected automatically as the default version; that's what I would
have expected (→ last wins) but seems that not :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón