Re: Display Resolution

Nelson, it looks like your reply did not reach the list, possibly
because it's over 100 kB in size.  Please configure your mailer to send
plain text _only_ to avoid that.

On 2012-08-04 16:39 +0200, Nelson Green wrote:

>> > The nouveau version in squeeze does not support these cards, they should
>> > work in wheezy though.
>> >

>> I will probably come in tomorrow to install Wheezy, and I will report back.
>>

> Well, Wheezy is almost perfect. By that I mean I have the proper
> resolution and refresh rate, and my desktop looks great! The only
> thing I see is an occasional line of text that displays wrong. For
> instance, one of the icons on the desktop looks like someone took a
> marker and scribbled all over the icon label, but it went away as soon
> as I clicked on the icon. I have also seen something similar on a web
> page, where a couple of lines of text look like noise instead of
> text. Scrolling made that come back to normal.

Yes, that's http://bugs.debian.org/666468.  Upgrading
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau to the version in unstable might help, but
note that you then need a kernel from unstable as well or lose
acceleration, see http://bugs.debian.org/bug=679557.

> This is still so much
> less of an annoyance that I will live with it if need be. I have
> included the contents of Xorg.0.log below. At least the Nouveau driver
> is seen, and loaded/used?

Yes, it is.

> Now, I still only have one monitor displaying anything. The other
> remains in power-saver mode. Anyone got a suggestion for that, or
> should I start a new thread?

You had best ask upstream about that.  They use IRC as their main
support and discussion medium, channel #nouveau on irc.freenode.net.
The Nouveau Wiki at http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/ has some
information about multicard setups as well, but it's down ATM.

Cheers,
       Sven