Re: wheezy: Font rendering problems in GNOME 3.2.1?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: wheezy: Font rendering problems in GNOME 3.2.1?
- From: Camaleón <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 14:51:59 +0000 (UTC)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 22:02:43 +0200, Felix Natter wrote:
> for a few months now I have some artifacts that mysteriously appear and
> disappear on my gnome desktop:
Sorry, but can't load the above URI:
sm01@stt008:~$ LANG=C wget www2.inf.fh-brs.de/~fnatte2s/font_rendering.png
--2012-08-03 16:44:53-- http://www2.inf.fh-brs.de/~fnatte2s/font_rendering.png
Resolving www2.inf.fh-brs.de... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address `www2.inf.fh-brs.de'
Anyway, your GNOME version should be "3.4", ensure you have a fully up-to-
> Maybe this is related: When I do a "apt-get upgrade", *many* packages
> are held back:
Why are those retained? :-?
> It seems I am using the outdated GNOME 3.2.1.
Yes, so it seems.
Try with "apt-get update && apt-get -V dist-upgrade" and send here the
output (do not run the update yet, say NO).