Re: is it rational to close the 139 port

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 10:22:09AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> There have been numerous well-publicized breaches at banks, major
> retailers, etc. (and doubtless even more unpublicized ones). If / when
> hackers get your credentials to one institution, do you really want
> them to have the keys to all your accounts?

OK, I downloaded pwgen, issued "pwgen -s 15 3" changed chosen password.
All I have to worry about now is someone getting hold of that piece of
paper. IOW, http://xkcd.com/792/, and Glenn's post tipped my thinking.

Perhaps it is misleading for pwgen to state:

-s, --secure  These should only be used for machine passwords, since
otherwise it's almost guaranteed that users will simply write the
password on a piece of paper taped  to the monitor...

oppressing." --- Malcolm X