Re: Shockwave Flash

Am Dienstag, 31. Juli 2012 schrieb Fred Zinsli:
> Hi all

Hi Fred,

> Been playing with this for days, but just don't have a clue about what
> I'm supposed to be doing or looking for to help.
>
> Attempting to install shockwave flash so I can view swf files in a web
> browser.
>
> It isn't working for me, but what makes it worse is I can't seem to
> find any real information in any log files. So I am obviously looking
> in the wrong place or I haven't turned on logging for any browser.
>
> Browsers: Firefox, google-chrome, chromium, iceweasel
>
> Shockwave appears as a plugin in firefox but not in others.
>
> Any comments would be most helpful.

I suggest using apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree in order to install
the flash player. For Squeeze you might need a version from squeeze-
backports.

But in case you did use something else to install the flash player get rid
of that first.

For some stuff gnash or lightspark might be okay, last weeks I test again
with them and too much stuff still was not working nicely. So take care
that your flashplugin-nonfree is selected:

merkaba:~> LANG=C update-alternatives --display flash-mozilla.so
flash-mozilla.so - auto mode
  link currently points to /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so - priority 50
/usr/lib/gnash/libgnashplugin.so - priority 10
/usr/lib/lightspark/liblightsparkplugin.so - priority 0
Current 'best' version is '/usr/lib/flashplugin-
nonfree/libflashplayer.so'.

flashplugin-nonfree is the Debian way to install Adobe Flash.

Ciao,